Ultimate Ears Review
Everything you need to know about ordering and receiving your Ultimate Ears
What you need to do:
- Visit your local Ear Institute to get the ear impressions made by a professional Audiologist.
- Download and print the UE Helpful Tips for Audiologist to ensure the ear impressions are made correctly i.e. depth and impression material. This is a critical part in the process as your custom moulds will be based on these impressions.
- You will receive the impressions immediately. Store them in a Ziploc bag and in a clearly labelled hard box to avoid damage during courier to Ultimate Ears Factory.
- Contact Ultimate Ears to find the nearest dealer in your area to manage the transaction or ship directly to Ultimate Ears
- Production and Delivery timings will depend on your location. However, our bulk order reached South Africa within 3months of order
What you will receive:
Depending on your musical requirement, the model you choose to order will vary. However, if like me you want to try them out for church/studio application – the UE-4 model is a good choice. These are claimed to be the best bang for buck model by people who have used the UE-4 and later upgraded to UE-18. The feedback after upgrading to UE-18 was that the difference in sound quality is noticeable however not enough to warrant the price differential. Either way, you will receive:
- The UE model you ordered
- Personalized carrying pouch with tracking number if lost & found
- Cleaning tool
- Warranty card
Pics coming soon…
One thing is clear; listening to music on your iPod or Mobile device with UE-4’s won’t really sound any-more-amazing than other quality earphones. However, you will really appreciate the value of these on a Live set. If you’ve visited my other in-ear monitor review page you will know that I’ve moved from JTS-IE-1 to SHURE-SE-425 to ULTIMATE EARS UE-4 so my views are relative to these and other in-ears which I’ve tried.
- The most perfect fit
- Does not pop out your ear or move around even with extreme movements while drumming (tried and tested provided your impressions are done proper)
- Due to the mould reaching so deep into your ear canal, the isolation is incredible which means you can drop the listening volume significantly (>50% reduction)
- Higher highs and lower lows compared to all other in-ears I’ve tried
- Excellent build quality with superior finishing
- Personalized carrying pouch
- I think the only setback is price at $399 and admin however these barriers can be overcome with proper guidance and a little more planning
Ultimate Ears Pricing at Q2 2016
Shure SE-425 vs. Ultimate Ears:
Believe it or not, even after trying the UE-4’s I would still highly recommend the Shure-SE-425 for those who want to get hold of quality in-ears with zero admin. The Shure’s can really compete with these on many levels at a fraction of the cost and available with the click of a button or a quick store visit. For more details on my Shure experience click here
For official info on Pro Ultimate Ears click here